We understand how investing in our people can contribute to the success of our business growth. Our engineering projects are multi-technical, providing you with opportunities to develop technical skills through hands-on experience; taking your career to the next level.
We share a relaxed, inspiring and supportive working environment. Through our team of experienced and enthusiastic engineers, we promote instant real work mentoring, opportunity to take ownership of projects/your work, together with constant team and leadership support.
As a maturing robotics design and consultancy company, we are continuously active in a number of UK and EU funded Research and Development projects, developing innovative robots and robotic systems for niche and challenging operational environments. Examples include:
- Climbing robots for non-destructive testing in hazardous environments such as offshore wind turbines, reinforced concrete structures and oil tanks full of oil
- Underwater inspection of risers in offshore oil and gas installations
- Mobile manipulator robots for collaborative human-robot scenarios such as construction sites
- Assistive wearable exoskeletons for supporting daily living activities of the elderly
- Condition monitoring of aerospace and rail structures and systems, etc.
Our 40 dynamic multi-national personnel work at a fast pace. Our R&D Team work within mechanical, electronics and software sub-groups, also cross-functioning, to ensure complete development of world-class robots for R&D and commercial purpose.
Our ideal candidate will be qualified with a 1st class or 2:1 degree in a software-relevant engineering discipline. It is essential to have passion for learning and developing new skills, designing software for the robotic systems.
It is essential to have the following skills:
- Two-three years relevant working experience
- Experience of writing software in C++ and/or C
- Knowledge of Python
- Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, programming patterns, best practices, algorithm design and problem-solving
- Some exposure to managing and building complex software projects using CMake
It is desirable to have few of the following skills:
- Knowledge of Robot Operating System (ROS)
- Knowledge of Labview
- Knowledge of C# and/or Qt framework to develop graphical user interfaces (GUI)
- Understanding of embedded software development such as communication protocols such as SPI, I2C …
- Robotic related final thesis is a plus
- Competitive salary in line with qualifications/working experience, reviewed annually
- Company Pension Scheme
- 25 days annual holidays plus public holidays
- Free parking and refreshments
- Company social activities
To apply please send your CV highlighting ‘Software Engineer’ in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, you can use our online application form below.
The post will remain open until suitable appointment.
Informal enquiries may be made to Professor Nicolas P. Avdelidis, Chief Operations Officer. Email: email@example.com.