Senior Electrical – Electronics Engineer
InnoTecUK is a growing robotics and autonomous systems design and consultancy company based in Cambridge, UK. We are active in several UK and EU funded R&D projects, developing innovative mobile robots – autonomous systems for niche and challenging operational environments.
- Climbing robots for non-destructive testing in hazardous environments, i.e. shore wind turbines, reinforced concrete structures, filled oil tanks
- Underwater inspection of risers in off shore oil and gas installations
- Mobile manipulator robots for collaborative human-robot scenarios such as construction sites
- Assistive wearable exoskeletons for supporting daily living activities of the elderly
- Autonomous systems for inspection and/or monitoring in transport applications (i.e. aerospace, rail, et).
This is a fantastic opportunity to join one of the UK’s established SMEs, focussing on hazardous and new emerging service robot domains. You will be working with a multi-disciplined engineering team, our designs meet emerging regulatory requirements, especially for close human-robot collaboration applications. Our ideal candidate will already have working experience as Senior Electrical – Electronics Engineer, with strong practical competencies to accelerate the impact of our work in new and challenging real-world application scenarios. You will be responsible for developing and/or researching mechanisms and electrical – electronic components for robots and sub-systems.
Role and Responsibilities
- Contribute to and/or lead R&D Project Team to design and develop electrical – electronic engineering solutions for real-world automation problems
- Support technical developments and produce required documentation, presentations, project plans
- Test and validate designs/solutions
- Troubleshoot technical issues, undertake remedial steps for various robot sub-systems
- Cohesive collaboration with all relevant parties to ensure a coherent approach to the development of robot systems
- Attend meetings and collaborate with partners to progress projects
- Travel to partner and customer sites as needed
Qualifications and Experience
- Excellent first degree in Electrical – Electronics or related discipline
- Masters or PhD degree in Electrical – Electronics Engineering or significant industrial experience
- Significant experience of designing electronics and electrical systems needed for robots/ autonomous systems
- Experience with PCB design
- Detailed knowledge and experience of simulation tools, SPICE etc
- Designing of analogue and digital systems
- Expertise in designing amplifiers, signal conditioning and data acquisitions circuits
- Designing of Switch Mode Converters and power supplies
- Understanding of embedded systems and microcontrollers
- Understanding of 3D Cad mechanical design
- Knowledge in understanding 2D drawings for manufacture (DFM) to ISO 8888 (Old BS 308)
- Knowledge of FPGA programming would be a helpful addition
- Knowledge of data acquisition systems like National Instruments will be beneficial
- Knowledge of specific applications sectors would be an advantage, e.g. NDT applications, human biomechanics, robot safety regulations, medical robots, etc
- Strong communicator using English language
- Competitive salary in line with qualifications/working experience, reviewed annually
- Company Pension Scheme
- 25 days annual holidays plus public holidays
- Free parking and refreshments
- Company social activities
To apply please send your CV highlighting ‘Senior Electrical – Electronics Engineer’ in the subject line to email@example.com. Alternatively, you can use our online application form below.
The post will remain open until suitable appointment.
Informal enquiries may be made to Professor Nicolas P. Avdelidis, Chief Operations Officer. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org