Hunter is a portable, modular remote access crawler designed for cost-effective NDT inspection i.e. A, B, C – Scan ultrasonic imaging of ferromagnetic structures such as storage tanks, pressure vessels, pipelines and ship hulls without the need for rope access. Eliminating the potential risk associated with manual inspections specifically in hazardous or difficult to access terrains.NDT Inspection Tasks:
- Corrosion mapping.
- Thickness gauging/B-Scan
- Weld inspection and critical defect sizing.
- Visual inspection.
Packages:1. TOFD Weld Inspection
The Time of Flight Diffraction (TOFD) Weld Inspection package provides accurate ultrasonic inspection technology, principally intended for detecting welding defects.Unique Functionality
- Full volumetric coverage for defect detection in welds.
- Able to measure ‘through-wall’ extent of defects.
- Use of water irrigated TOFD probes ensures reliable weld inspection.
- Provides Fast, proven and cost-effective inspection.
- Allows for data analysis and reporting from visual representation of the inspection data.
2. Ultrasonic B-Scan (Thickness measurement)
The Ultrasonic B-Scan package provides a cross-sectional detailed end view of the object under inspection along a single axis. This provides more information than would a manual thickness survey based on statistically selected data points.Unique Functionality
- Provides thickness measurement readings every 1mm or as specified by the user.
- TR probe (Dual crystal) for good near surface resolution.
- Data visualisation - Provides a cross-sectional view of readings of the remaining wall of the inspected surface.
- Provides much more data than the random sampling.
3. Ultrasonic Corrosion Mapping
The Ultrasonic Corrosion Mapping package is an ultrasonic technique which creates a surface map of the area inspected and identifies variations in material thickness due to corrosion.Unique Functionality
- Measures the extent of corrosion.
- Use of water irrigated TR probe (Dual Crystal) provides optimum UT performance.
- Provides 2-D plot of the corroded area Optional coarse scan for high speed screening.
- Visual images of the inspected area (corrosion map) available for reporting
Key Benefits:Ease of use and deployment.
- Hunter’s intuitive user interface allows it to be deployed and controlled by a single operator with ease.
- It only takes a few minutes to attach/detach the inspection packages (TOFD, B-SCAN, and Corrosion mapping).
- Hunter significantly improves the quality of data collected as it moves over inspection surfaces, providing auditable results with the elimination of human error.
- Ensures instant reporting of signals in real-time for data analysis by the operator.
- Hunter’s unique advantage is its ability to conduct both statutory inspection and Risk Based Inspection (RBI), guaranteeing cost savings for the asset owners.
- A low overall cost of inspection provides for cost-effective asset management.
- Modular design
- Multi NDT Capabilities
Technical Specifications:Technical specification of the crawler only
- Dimensions: 304mm x 322mm x 183mm (L x W x H).
- Weight(crawler): 25Kg
- Adhesion: Magnetic wheels.
- Payload: 100Kg
- Drive: Precision drive.
- Wheels: High Wear resistant non-slip rubber coating.
- Speed: 150mm/s max.
- Umbilical cable: 30m.
- Pumping system: 30m height.
- Power supply: 110 AC-230AC, >
- Probes: Dual/single crystal probes from 1 to 10MHz.
- Transmitting pulses Voltage: Up to 200 Volts.
- Digitizer: 8bits at 100 MSPS.
- Filters: 10/5/2.5 MHz broadband.
- High Pass Filters (-3bd): 0.25, 0.5, 0.75, 1.0,2.5, 5, 10MHz
- Low Pass Filters (-3bd): 1, 2.5, 5.0, 7.5, 10, 15, 20, 30 MHz
- Programmable gain: 0 to 100dB’s.
- Visualisation: A-scan, B-scan, C-scan.
- Application (Typical): TOFD, B-SCAN, Corrosion Mapping.